Tuesday 3 March 2015

More Alphabet digitizing


A month ago I got Palette version 10 - a BIG upgrade from my version 2 software!  I've been having fun with different aspects of the software.

One of the fun things I've been playing with is the auto-digitizing of True Type Fonts.

Last night I was looking at some fonts and playing around with digitizing the A of some that appealed to me.   Some of these are straight out of the software - while others had some work done to them.

Disney Cross Stitch   I've digitized upper case, lower case and punctuation in this with 2.5 mm "X"s  I like it so much, I'm working on digitizing 1.5 mm "X"s so also have a more dense version of this.


Applique Gold Panda Font  Yesterday I posted about digitizing this font.  This is what started me looking for more interesting fonts to digitize.   I have finished all the letters, numbers and various punctuation, but haven't tested most of it.  I love the versatility out of one design



Applique Academy Engraved. I liked the look of the partial applique alphabet, so was looking for more that would allow this (A fully applique letter can be a pain - as you have to cut out the insides)
I had a little problem with my starting thread appearing later on - but you get the idea.  



SBC Curly Outline:   I found this one - and figured it could be an applique. Once I digitized it, I realized that it would also work well as a filled font.  Since the Capital A is kind of different, I decided to digitize the B instead.   The outline satin stitch isn't very wide - so I needed to be a little bit better with the Applique version.



Scruff: While looking for fonts to applique, I kept seeing this font and I thought it would be fun and funky - so really wanted to see how well it digitized.  I might just have to use this one sometime.



Fairytale:  This one also looked interesting.  I had some thread issues on the test stitchout - so the jury is out on this one.





AR Delaney:   I tried digitizing this one as a fill or satin - wasn't happy with either - so I settled on a mixture of the two:




Highlight LET: Fairly simple, but I do like the result






Odessa:  This one doesn't look like much - but does make for a simple, elegant font





Cerbature: I'm not so sure why I decided to try this one - maybe I was thinking it could lead to a filled font like I did with the SBC Curly one.  It worked fine





Victorian: I like the way this one turned out.







Vivaldi:     This font looked like it would digitize nicely - did not disappoint.







Pump Font:  This one leads itself to lots of  fun ideas for different fills, spiral stiches, etc.   I tried the lower case a in 2 simple versions:





Sweetheart Love Letters: This is a relatively new font.   To be able to give away or sell these letters, I would need to purchase a license.   Emily Spadoni is the creator and has a lot of very lovely fonts.






Thanks for checking out my latest projects.  I would love any comments you have.  Which fonts appeal to you and why?  What sizes of letters do you like?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love them all! They are all spectacular and I love all kinds of fonts as my grandchildren love their names or school names embroidered on items. Thank you so much for the fabulous applique font.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! I meant to say thank you for the cross stitch font! I was thinking of the applique font that you were talking about digitizing when I did the comment and mistakenly typed applique instead of cross stitch!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embroidery digitizing is basically an art form where the software helps a trained digitizer to transform a simple fabric into embroidery digitizing. It is essential to have some thoughts and an aptitude of seeing the picture and details of the planned design. logo Digitizing

    ReplyDelete