Saturday 14 March 2015

In the hoop projects


Lately I have been collecting lots of in the hoop projects - and lots of sites are sharing great ones for Easter.

I bought some felt and decided to bite the bullet...

Thanks to Britt Designs on their Yahoo & MeWe groups - they have been sharing these really cute In the Hoop Candy Holders.

My first attempt: the simple Egg.

It worked well - I didn't quite trim the inside properly - but it was good.  Only one small digitizing problem (look at the lower left blue block) - a newer version has been posted on MeWe to fix the problem.



Next up - the bigger chick Candy Holder.


Ooops - forgot to trim the final threads after putting on the vinyl - so they are showing through.  The problem with this one is that the vinyl started separating from the chick at the bottom of the centre.   I'm not sure if the vinyl I'm using is too flimsy - but I can change the zigzag around the vinyl to one that doesn't have as dense of stitching.


I decided that the egg as given - is a bit small and what is the point of having such a big embroidery hoop if I'm going to just stitch 4x4?  Last night I digitized my own bigger (5x7) egg.



This is the comparison in size between the eggs.



In a different note - I have also downloaded lots designs from ITH Design but hadn't actually tried any.  The hair clips and bobby pin covers looked intriguing.   They sew up quickly and have great instructions.



Happy Pi Day.

Once in a century   3.14.15 9:26:53











No comments:

Post a Comment