Tuesday 16 June 2015

Why testing is important...

... Especially if you plan to sell your digitized designs


With the machine digitizing software having such great previews, it's tempting to just say, I'm sure I did this all right and it will work perfectly and just send it out.

No matter how careful I am, or how many times I run the stitch simulator in my software, there is always something I miss.  That's why I test all my alphabets before putting them up for sale.

I've recently finished digitizing my Flower Flourish Font. I'm loving the way that it has turned out.


However, you can see that I've had a few glitches in my digitizing that I found on my first test run.

 
Ooops - missed going over some of those leaves.



Oops - I'm sure I set that line to run 3 times - I guess not!

Sometimes you just don't like the way it turns out and want to make some modifications...

The first version:


And the modified final version:


Some other little issues were found too - a few jump stitches, and one or 2 lines going a few extra times.

Are you wondering why I'm sharing my boo boos?   I guess it's so if you are wondering why not all digitizing can be free - think of all the hours that go into making up the designs - the planning, the digitizing, the testing, the fixing, the retesting, the conversion, the packaging them up, the pictures, the listing on a website.   


No comments:

Post a Comment