Wednesday 10 June 2015

New toy

Digitizing my latest alphabet has been going slow.  I've been noticing that my hand hasn't been so thrilled with all of the mouse work. The capital letters are quite intricate and take about an hour each. This is before a test stitch out and tweaking them!

A few days ago I noticed that some of my mouse clicks just weren't being picked up.  I tried a new battery but that didn't seem to help - time for a new mouse.

Last night I was checking out online to see what was on sale and happened upon the graphics input tablet.   All at once the light bulb went on and I realized that I have been wanting to get a tablet to help with my digitizing ever since I started 20 years ago, but I've never been doing enough digitizing to justify it to myself.

Now that I've been digitizing lots of alphabets and other designs, I decided it was time.

My new toy looks like...

It takes a bit to get used to it - it's similar to a mouse but some things are so different.   The first big win that I found is that I'm not having to hold down the mouse button - I think my hand will thank me.

My other smaller purchase was a new mouse.  Just the perfect one for me...



Hopefully at some point in the future I'll remember to give you an update on how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment