Friday 30 January 2015

Make your own Thread Nets

So recently I bought 63 spools of Embroidery Thread from Designs By Sick.  These are mini King Spools.   It's great, but I need to transport the thread - so was looking around for a deal on Thread Nets.  I found some for sale in long strips so you can cut your own, but some of them had reviews of being too loose.  My main problem is that I need to transport them next weekend so don't necessarily have time for an order to reach me.

I got to thinking that I probably have something hanging around that I could make my own.

I did - some old panty hose that I am not going to use.


Step 1: 2 lines of stitching down the middle.

If you have a STRETCH STITCH - use that and you can skip Step 3.



Step 2: cut carefully between the stitching lines



Step 3: because I'm lazy and don't want to sew each one separately and backstitch each one - I just used some fray check each place I planned to cut to hold the stitches in place.  Time will tell if this is good enough or if you have used STRETCH STITCH then you should be able to skip this step.


Step 4: Cut apart into separate thread nets.



Voila!



I didn't need very long thread nets so I got 14 - 15 nets from each strip - 28 - 30 from each leg so that means close to 60 from a pair (assuming no runs).


2 comments: