Sunday 1 February 2015

New machine - new things to try

I was so lucky to get myself a new Babylock Ellisimo Gold II and Palette 10 (Digitizing Software) this weekend.   Such an upgrade from my old 20 year old machine and software from 1998!

So many things to test out and try.   It is able to stitch out designs that are 6 times as big (8" x 12") and stitch up to2 1/2 times faster than my old machine.

The updated software is going to save me so much time - I stayed up to 2:00 AM last night working my way through the manual just so I would know everything that it can do.  I was only 3/4 of the way through the book - but finished that this morning.

This afternoon I decided to try out the Photo Stitch capabilities.

Starting with this image

I just needed to click a few buttons, transfer the design to my machine, search out the thread colours I need and a little while later...



This is 3.8" x 3.6" with 14,087 stitches - 12 colours (although 2 of them barely have anything to do)

My machine said it would take 29 minutes to stitch out - I'm pretty sure it was longer than that - but I didn't time it out so I'm not sure.  I just know that it would have taken a lot longer with my old machine.

I think I'm going to have some fun with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment