Saturday 25 April 2015

More Pillow Stuffies: Wild Animals

I had to take a bit of a break from the pillow stuffy project as I had to make some custom made video game pillows.

I've received some good feedback from one of my testers so will be updating my instructions a bit.  I've slowly started listing them for sale on my Craftsy Store  but if there is one you want to buy - let me know and I can get it up on the store sooner rather than later.

This was the first of my new ones I made.
Not necessarily a success as not everyone can tell what it is right away - but I guess when you aren't a mainstream animal that is going to happen.

I was shopping on Friday and saw this material with the minky - a little bit stretchier - but every bit as soft.   The horns are felt.


I've been meaning to make a horse pattern and when I saw the zebra print - then I knew it was time.  My son said the mane at the top and the side should be connected so it's  more obvious that it's the continuation of the mane.


I modified the horse/zebra  pattern to include a full mane.



Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Is the first one a hippo? I also vote to connect the zebra mane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. Yes - it's meant to be a hippo - but lots of people say something about a cow with big teeth! I'm hoping to redo the zebra/horse this week with a full mane and see how it works and update my instructions.

      Delete